EDIT 26-07-10 FIXED: Download Approaching Dawn BETA
Once again it is BETA time, with the second BETA having a lot more content than the first BETA. I'm very happy with the outcome of this BETA and I hope you guys are too!
This BETA focuses on the Arcade levels and their cutscenes, and the World HUB, along with the menus. I will be reworking some of the menus in the future, with "Dungeon Map" and "Secrets" not yet available in the Pause menu.
This also concludes the first Level section of the game, with the four main Arcade levels being now complete!
There is about 16 minutes of content on here for those who are experienced enough to rush through the game and perfect every level their first try, so for most testers, there will be close to 30 minutes worth of testing here (if you wish to perfect all four Arcade levels).
In the .zip file you should find the executable file and the readme file. I suggest reading the readme file because it contains all the controls/information about the BETA, along with the change-list from BETA one to BETA two.
You will also know when the BETA concludes so that shouldn't be a problem. Below are a few key aspects I need feedback about:
- Level HUD - should I add more/less to it? Does it need improving?
- Cutscenes - how are the cutscenes? Any general feedback on this is good.
- Levels - how are the in terms of difficulty, length and overall feel?
- Menus - are the menus presented well? Was there any likes/dislikes?
- World HUD - do I need a World HUD to display more things, like level best times etc.?
- Level End Screen - does it need fixing? (I might be fixing up the placement for a few things before release of the third BETA)
- Hidden Door - did you find it?
- Backgrounds/Graphics - do they fit the overall scheme of the game?
My contact info. is in the readme file, leaving a comment on the blog also helps a ton.
NOTE: All sprites of the game "Approaching Dawn" in this blog and blog post(s) are © of Andrew Wickens 2010. Permission is NOT used to use any of these sprites except by emailing myself and by posting true ownership of the picture(s) towards myself.