Feels like forever since I've done a blog post, so here's one!
Currently I've been studying heaps and haven't had much time to work on anything, let alone any newer projects. After talking to one of my beta testers for AD I've decided I'll finish up Caught up in Carl's Dream after all and release it as soon as I can.
During study breaks I've been working on getting the achievements system up and running with all 24 game achievements working (which all 24 do, hooray!). However there's still a bit to do in terms of menus, cutscenes and a few level finishing touches.
The game itself is primarily done, it's just the boring last bits that need to be done.
For those that think the game is going to be easier than AD, that could be the case, it is certainly much smaller, but obtaining all 24 game achievements may prove to be a challenge higher than that of AD.
The game is also split into 4 difficulties:
- Easy - player starts with 50 lives, can gain lives from finding in-level secrets and collecting all 100 tokens in a level (these aren't one-offs either).
- Intermediate - player starts with 25 lives, can gain lives from finding in-level secrets and collecting all 100 tokens in a level (these aren't one-offs either)
- Hard - player starts with 10 lives, can gain lives from finding in-level secrets and collecting all 100 tokens in a level (these are one-offs).
- Extreme* - player starts with 1 life, cannot gain any extra lives.
* Extreme is just a placeholder, I've got many names for this difficulty level lined up:
- Hanging On To Dear Life
- You're Dreaming
- Bye Sanity
- God Mode
- No Noobs Allowed
- I Give Up
- The One
- I Wanna Be The Carl
- Load Save Mode
- Stairway To Heaven
Current in-game Achievements Menu
So yes, all hope is not lost! I am working on a game (even if I find it to be a very generic one) and will hope to have it finished as soon as I can.